Monday, March 8, 2010

YES I'M A HOOKER


Rug Hooker that is!  

Rug hooking is an American Primitive art form that our fore mothers did not as art but to keep floors warm.  They would 'hook' their rugs on old burlap feed bags with strips of worn and no longer used clothing.  Their 'hook' was made from an old nail with the head being fashioned into a small 'U' shape which would be inserted into the burlap and the wool or cloth then being pulled up into a loop from underneath.  

Rug hooking has become a passion for me.  I love to sit and 'hook' at night while I watch tv.  Below are pictures of my newest rug.  It combines my love for English Cocker Spaniels which I used to breed and show and my love for 'hooking'!  Enjoy!

 

  

  

  

  

HOOK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...