Saturday, June 11, 2011

Feathering My Nest!

Wow it's been a crazy week since getting back home to Indiana!  It's crazy enough just living in two States for months at a time but buying and moving into a home you've never seen and is mostly empty, is downright whirlwind crazy! 

Dad loves his new home and so do I. 
Although this place is in a neighborhood, it is somewhat rural.  At least we have a bean field behind our backyard.  And...I was excited to learn that this is the last house next to a cul-de-sac that hasn't been developed yet.  So even more views and very little traffic!!




I just can't appreciate enough my brother, sister-in-law and Mr. Fix-it.  
They had things fixed up nicely for us. 


Dad LOVES his new flat screen tv with HiDef.  I like the new kitchen table.


But ....ya wanna know what I am most excited about?????



Baby Robbins!!!!

They are in a tree right outside our back patio door and I can watch the mom and dad come and go bringing them food.  


It's not like going home to FenceRow Farms for the summer but at least there is wildlife with a view!!  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I'm so glad that you both love your new home . It looks so neat and to be in a quiet neighborhood is extra special. It's great that your family and Mr Fix -it has pitched in to get things ready for you. Have a great weekend. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Your new place looks lovely! Especially the nice wide open views! I know how a little bird nest can make a place seem homey and close to nature!
    Now you just need to hook a nice rug for under that new dining set!
    Happy nesting!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both are happy and getting settled in. We had a robin's nest on our front porch this year. They are such fun. Ours have fledged already and that was great to watch too. I love your new table. The corner fireplace is lovely too.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! That's my idea of moving, too, somebody else gets it all set up! lol I hope you and your dad are both happy there.

    We are waiting on the baby robins outside our kitchen window to hatch! They grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen ~
    What a great house! I'm sure you and Dad can make many happy memories there!!!
    The robin babies are just too sweet.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you are both settling in and are pleased with your new house. Your house-hunters did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a wonderful place to settle.

    You have been given an Inspiration Award!

    Stop by my blog to pick it up:

    http://greyhoundgardens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful home!!! And those baby robins, so cute! Looks like they will be leaving the nest soon.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...