Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lissa Update Part Two


It's been several days since Lissa's 'reading' by the animal communicator. 



After the initial reading I asked the communicator to let Lissa know that it is not alright to do her 'thing' in the house and I got the response below. 




I suggested to her that doing her business outside is something that is fun but she keeps telling me that it hurts, no not like an infection…. More like “eeewwwww I don’t like this”.  I still get that she likes her privacy and she doesn’t feel protected out there….coyotes?  Alerts… too open… snake!  Wow… she’s going ADHD on me. 


Unfortunately we've had two more accidents in the house and I still have to drag her to the door to get her outside.  But, I can say she does seem a little bit calmer.  Maybe that is because of what the communicator told me next?

One thing that she tells me is she loves to have her eyes rubbed with the heal of your hands.  It’s almost like “mom” is caring for her.  I feel she has a level of trust with you and is easing into it.  I get that her ears picked up with the mention of forever home and that she was in the process of getting one.  I get the sense that she’s glad to know that there is at least a destination at the end of this journey. 

So....maybe not the end result I had hoped for but there are rarely any easy answers in life!  At least I have learned that she does like hotdogs and they will motivate her a tiny bit.  I have managed to get her to walk halfway down the hall to the front door by dropping hot dog pieces on the floor in front of her.  

Baby steps....baby steps!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    You are the most patient person there is!! Don't you wish they could talk and tell us what is bothering them? I find the animal interp. very interesting. Putting ourselves at the dogs level and seeing a little bit through their eyes does help a little I think.
    I am hoping that as time goes on Lissa trusts and responds to your kindness! Bless your heart Karen for the all the hard work you do in caring and working to find homes for these wonderful dogs!! Lissa is a wonderful animal so deserving of all the love you are giving her!
    Blessings and good wishes for a joyous Christmas!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen ~
    You are a saint with much more patience than I could muster.
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are trying to get into her heart and head. What a good doggie teacher you are! You remind me of myself in the classroom. I just want them to be healthy and happy. I think that your approach will win this one over...with the hotdogs...
    I wonder what Cesar would do? He tends to not favor the dysfunctional. But, I think you already try to not buy into their dysfunction! It's so interesting that she is aware of the idea of a furever home. How smart they are. Anyway...I just so admire the work you do!
    Hugs to you both!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this stuff is amazing. I guess you can just celebrate the baby steps for now. Your patience is inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I wonder if she's lonely or misses another dog that was close to her. She looks so depressed.

    You are a patient foster mom and I celebrate every tiny steps that she's taking.
    Keep us updated. JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Julia...she has had a transformation...it's strange, difficult and does miss other dogs....how can she NOT act up as she is.....I feel for her.
    I know you are a patient and loving foster doggy mom - it shows in all that you do.
    She will come around because you are patient.
    Bless you so much.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was another dog in her past foster home but they didn't hang together much. I really think it is some sort of brain mis-fire, malfunction. Apparently her whole litter turned out like this. I really believe that she needs medication. Kind of like a diabetic person needs insulin. But the group she belongs with prefers holistic meds. They sent me some anti-anxiety drops today and we will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck...it is never easy to experience changes and it must be especially difficult for this lady.

    I have no doubts you will help her through this.

    Thanks for all you do and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for being so patient with Lissa, she is in such good hands. Might a "thunder shirt" help with her uneasiness? Wishing you and your dad a very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes in the New Year. From all of us here at Dog Trot Farm, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...