Sunday, July 11, 2010

GREEN BEANS FROM THE GARDEN



Nothing better than a mess of garden fresh green beans for supper.


Some cooks like to use ham to season their beens but I prefer bacon.  I start by frying up several strips to get a bit of grease going in the pan.  Add chopped onion and spices and stir together, frying until slightly browned. 


Add beans, cover with water and simmer till done!


Serve with country pork on the grill and potato salad, yum!


The only thing that would make this meal better is home-grown Indiana tomato's and sweet corn.  But they're not ready yet.  Will just have to wait!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, MY! That's sounds wonderful! I never thought of cooking my fresh-from-the-garden green beans. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep pretty darn good if I do say so myself!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...