Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun Day Sunday!

What a fun morning!  My friend Jan and I got together at 'super teacher' Judy's house for a 'Sew-In'.  The project....an expandable quilted tote.

We both brought our sewing machines and set up on Judy's dining room table.

I forgot to bring my camera and took this one with my phone, hence the picture is not very clear.   That's Jan, sewing the pocket for her tote.


Here is a peek at my pre-quilted fabric.  I'm also working on the pocket feature.


This is Jan's fabric.  And...much better picture quality since I went home and got my camera!



After carefully measuring and pinning the webbing to the fabric, it's time to stitch it down.



And here she is modeling her newly finished bag!

But wait......there's more!



It opens up to be this big!!!  When complete, this tote actually opens to three different sizes. 


I think I'm going to use mine to carry wool and yarn for my rug hooking projects!!



2 comments:

  1. Karen ~
    What a fun time!
    I think you could hide a medium sized child in that bag!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool bag!
    I really admire people that sew!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...