Sunday, October 24, 2010

GETTING MOTIVATED

It seems that my little shopping excursion to the antique mall last Friday has motivated me.

I used to love to hunt the shops for vintage dog figurines of various breeds and then re-sell them in my Etsy store.  It often supplemented 'treasures' that I wanted to keep in my personal collection.  Life tends to get in the way and sometimes you get bogged down and find you haven't pursued the things you enjoy.  That's what happened to me.

I've been carrying a small box of treasured dog figurines back and forth from Arizona to Indiana for about a year and a half now.  They were bought to re-sell but somehow, I just never got them out, took their pictures and spent time writing up descriptions and listing them in my store.  

Sunday is a pretty quiet day here in our community and I found myself digging that box out of my closet and pulling out the vintage goodies.  I managed to photograph and list two of them.  


 
I even unwrapped one little Spaniel figurine that I had forgotten I bought.  

It was almost like Christmas!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I completely identify with that! But how true that something as small as a shopping excursion can help to inspire us to do some of those things!
    I hope you continue with more of what you enjoy Karen!
    Hugs,
    Cathy g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen ~
    I hope you are able to have the time for more little shopping trips.
    The dog figurines are very sweet. If you ever find a pug, think of me!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...