Monday, October 25, 2010

PROGRESS REPORT

I am so close to having the background around the sunflower done.


Yikes......don't know if I am going to make it or not!  The strips on the left-hand side of the photo are all I have left!


And of course....I don't have anymore of this wool.  


I love the background color.  It's called Faded Ivory from Sun and Wind Farm,
www.sunandwindfarm.com 

The piece I used started out lighter on one edge going to darker so I started by cutting and hooking the light color around the sunflower to give it more distinction.  I love how the background gets darker farther away from the flower.   

Hope I make it!!

 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you make it. Happened to me once and I ended with a half a strip left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen ~
    LOVE IT!!! You have been a hookin' fool. Is there a border around the faded ivory? So what's the next project?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen,
    How pretty is that!!! I love how the background gets darker around the edge! It looks like you may have just enough wool strips! That gets scary when it's so close! Happens to me quite a bit as I never use really accurate methods for how much wool it takes. On a larger rug I would try to have more than enough though!
    Great job!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my toes crossed you have enough - Looks like you may just make it! Wow you have been hooking away for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll make it!!! Very soft colors ~ it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rug!! I seem to get do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MADE IT!!! Now to finish it. Am working on it, something I've never tried before so keeping my fingers crossed. Will post update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented woman you are. The rug is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! And you made it! Looking forward to your update :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...