Wednesday, November 10, 2010

PROJECT COMPLETE!

TA DA!!!!

This is the first time I've ever turned one of my hookings into a pillow!!  
Can't believe I did it.

Ok, well.....to be honest........I had help.



This is my friend and neighbor Judy!

There are so many talented quilters and sewers here in our winter community but I am lucky to have one that is my buddy and lives next door.  She really made me do most of the pillow so I would learn but I was able to catch her at the machine getting me started.   

Judy is mostly a quilter and has this really neat cutting board and rotary cutter that I've never used before.


The ruler in the above picture latches onto the side of the board and the rotary cutter slides down the edge of the ruler giving an accurate straight edge.  
 
I think I might have to buy these goodies for myself!

4 comments:

  1. Karen ~
    Your sunflower pillow came out terrific! I love the wool you used around the hooking.
    Everyone needs a Judy. Can I borrow her?
    What's next on the frame? Have you gotten used to the frame in lieu of a hoop?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it turned out DARLING! I always love a hooking on a pillow! It seems to bring them to life! Lucky you to have such a sweet friend to help! The whole project didn't take you very long! Very nicely done!
    I hope you keep us posted on your next project too! We all learn so much from each other!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love your sunflower pillow. It's darling like Cathy G said. I've joined your followers and will read more of your blog as time allows.

    I read your previous post and had a good laugh. I think that you handled the situation with great control because you were raised well. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! However...you can't have Judy! Am keeping her to myself!

    Julia...thanks for following me and hope you will enjoy more of my random, sometimes nutty stories about my life!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...