Friday, December 31, 2010

GOING OUT?

Nope, not me!  

Dad is already in his recliner reading and watching tv and will be in bed by 10:30.  Me...I will be in my chair soon, jammies on, hooking and watching tv.  I will probably still be up at midnight since I am usually on the computer at that time, however, the stroke of midnight will come and go unnoticed by me.  With no one to celebrate the coming of the new year, this is just another day.   

I have to say, it seems an odd ending to a difficult year for me.  Besides the fact that back home in Indiana they had an earthquake yesterday, we actually saw snow here in the Valley of the Sun!!  We watched a snow flurry that lasted about five minutes....but I couldn't get to my camera before it stopped.  A woman at the restaurant that we ate at tonight said she'd lived here for twelve years and had never once seen a flake of snow. This morning, there was even ice in our water fountain! 



All over the neighborhood people have covered plants to save them from the frost.  When I was at Wal-Mart yesterday someone asked the clerk if they had frost sheets and he was upset that they didn't.  Like she said, "This is the desert, who knew we would have deep freezes and snow!" 



People's yards look like they have multi-colored alien blobs that have taken over their landscape!  The forecast for the week is a slooooow warming trend for which I will be eternally grateful when it gets here.  All this cold has made me remember another reason why I dislike the cold so much.  I have on so many clothes that I tend to look like a very large alien blob myself!!

Come on 2011, let's get a move on and warm things up!


Happy New Year everyone!!!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    We are doing the quiet evening thing too. Just another day eh! Very strange weather. Try to think of it as a sign that the new year will be full of surprises....good ones!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange weather, indeed! Tornadoes today in Arkansas and Missouri, not supposed to happen this time of year.

    I love your fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a low key night also. Happy New Year to you and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, We too had a quiet evening. Watched movies and I hooked some more. I am almost done with my rug. I was hoping to get it done on my 3 days off. Two days left. I agree with the other weather comments. We had 50 degrees yesterday. Today it is raining. Weird. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Karen! We stayed home but our neighbor came over for a little while. CH and I did not make it till midnight, both of us fell sound asleep in front of the TV. Our party years are over, at least if the party goes past 9:30!

    Unbelievable the cold weather you are having. We had tornadoes all around MissouREE yesterday.

    Heading to The Mama's for dinner today. I'd rather just stay here and take it easy.

    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year! I am looking forward to visiting Through The Barn Door in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karen I hope the new year brings you a renewed spirit and don't feel like you are alone for not celebrating the new year. We are not party people either. I opened a bog of chips and a bottle of home made wine and some dip and watched So you think you can dance and then went to bed and fell asleep like a light and never saw the new year come in.

    All the best for 2011. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...